Served as envoy
- 2022 – Greece
Jennifer is the owner and primary therapist at Cairn Consulting, LLC. She is a Licensed Professional Counselor who is passionate about helping two groups in particular: athletes who are facing the next level in the sport, addressing injury, or transitioning away from sport; and members of the LGBTQIA+ community who want to live into their authentic selves.
Additionally, Jennifer is a former professional soccer player who has represented her sport on both a national and international level during her nearly 20-year competitive career. Some of Jennifer’s notable accomplishments are:
● Representing the US Women’s National Team between 1995 and 1999
● Earning the title of “Iron Woman” for having played every minute of every game in a 3 year professional career
● Earning All-Star team selections in 2001, 2002, 2003 (WUSA)
● Becoming the first defensive 4-time All-American at the University of Notre Dame
● Big East Defensive Player of the Year in 1998 and 1999
● 4-Time Big East Champion and 4-Time Big East All-Tournament Team
After retiring from her playing career, Jennifer pledged to continue sharing her love of sports by supporting athletes as they address the unique demands that athletes face, especially as they pursue goals and overcome barriers related to reaching the next level in their performance.
Off the field, Jennifer’s leadership experience includes starting a violence prevention program utilized in elementary and middle schools, previously sitting on the Board of Directors for an organization that provides direct programming for grieving children and their families, being trained as an instructor for Teen Mental Health First Aid, and being a spokesperson for a campaign that provides free community education in grit and resilience. She currently holds a position on the ARC ND (Alumni Rainbow Community of Notre Dame) board of directors, a group that is committed to inclusion of and equity for the LGBTQIA+ community at the University of Notre Dame.